Wednesday, January 20, 2010

He's almost here!

Baby and I had another check up with the OB this afternoon. I've been very anxious for this appointment so we could determine "the next step."

I'm still not making any progress, which was a bit discouraging to hear. The OB asked if I was willing to wait another week. I, rather quickly, responded "No." I explained that I've been considering the 13th as his due date for almost our entire pregnancy and I was worried about delaying delivery. He reviewed my information and said the most probable due date is the 21st. He continued to recommend trying medical intervention to help my body prepare for delivery.

We're heading to the hospital late tonight, where I'll be given a dose of a ripening agent. The doctor will be at the hospital early tomorrow and may give me another dose if the first was not effective. If I'm still not progressing, we'll try yet another dose on Friday evening. Finally, if I'm still not responding, we'll talk seriously about a c-section on Saturday. I inquired about Pitocin, but it's not an option unless the ripening agent works. I again thought about the option of waiting another week, but the OB explained that, if I haven't done anything on my own by this point, I only have a 20% chance of progressing within the next week.

We're very excited! Tonight, we'll work on packing last minute items, getting some rest, and taking showers before we head to the hospital. Next time we're home, hopefully we'll be showing our new house to our new son!

No comments:

Post a Comment