Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting closer!

I had another trip to the ob today for a checkup! My blood pressure was good (100/64) and his heartbeat is "nice and steady." He's now measuring at 35 weeks...still a bit behind, but there was growth from last week. The ob is happy that we're going to have an "average sized" baby. He asked if I was having any Braxton Hicks contractions. I admitted that I don't know what they feel like, but explained what I've experienced. Basically, my stomach will get tighter, but I'm unsure if it's a contraction or a stretch. He thinks it's probably BH contractions. GBS screening came back negative. My cervix is getting softer, but no other signs of progression. I go back next week for another check up and ultrasound. It will be with the office's midwife, due to scheduling conflicts.

We met with a potential in-home babysitter this evening. She was highly recommended by one of the principals that works in my school district. We enjoyed chatting with her, her husband, 15 year old daughter, and 11 year old son. I think we've found our babysitter! She has ~21 years of experience, is located very close to our house, and was very kind and knowledgeble. It's a relief to know that we'll have someone to watch him once I go back to work.

Latest pregnancy symptom: Body heat! I'm used to being constantly cold--wearing layers and blankets throughout the winter. Not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment