Monday, July 6, 2009

Is this some kind of announcement?

Flashback to Christmas morning: Adam and I were spending the holiday with his family. For some unknown reason, we resorted to our childhoods and were both wide awake at 5am. We were planning to try to conceive that spring, so my mind wondered to ways we could tell our families.

Adam and I were planning to go to Cincinnati for the weekend shortly after discovering we were pregnant. We thought it would be perfect time to begin telling people because we were going to see several family members. I told Adam about my thoughts on Christmas morning. My primary thought was using a posed picture to share our exciting news. Taking the picture by ourselves was comical…figuring out the camera timer, propping the camera, finding the best angle, making sure not to block the flash, etc.


Just after sitting at the table to eat, we handed the picture to my parents. The room fell silent. My dad opened the envelope, commenting that it was a nice picture. Then, he smirked and asked “Is this some kind of announcement?” My heart was beating out of my chest and I was bursting with excitement as I nodded with a smile from ear to ear.

We didn’t have immediate plans to see Adam’s parents, but didn’t want to keep them out of the loop. While still in Cincinnati , he called them to relay the good news. We were planning to tell Matt, his brother that is living with us, in person when we returned to Sandusky . While we were still out of town, their mom called Matt to ask if he was excited about being an uncle. Matt, very confused, immediately called Adam for clarification!

1 comment:

  1. I know I've said it before (many times), but I'll say it again...I'm SO excited for you guys! I love you (all three of you)!!!

    ReplyDelete