Saturday, February 13, 2010

Date Night

We traveled to Brecksville today to visit with my sister and her family and go out to dinner for Valentine's Day. Adam and I enjoyed dinner at Houlihans, the restaurant we went to nearly 5 years ago to celebrate our engagement. We had a wonderful time! Brennan and his aunt, uncle, and cousins enjoyed their time together. I had a hard time leaving him, since it was our first time apart, but knew I was leaving him in loving care!

To help thank our babysitters and complete our dinner, we brought back Handels ice cream. I've noticed that part of Brennan's face breaks out and he has extra spit up for a few feedings after I eat ice cream. He doesn't seem bothered by milk, cheese, or yogurt. I'm starting to think that his stomach can't handle the sweet treat, so I'm going to stop eating ice cream/milk shakes/etc. for a bit and reintroduce them later. For those that know me, you know this is a huge sacrifice...good thing I love this little guy to pieces!

Although he seems to have difficulty keeping his food down after I have ice cream, Brennan continues to grow like a weed! We weighed him at my sister's house..he's up to 11 lbs! I've brought out some of his 3-6 months clothes and put away several 0-3 month outfits. He fits in most onesies and shirts/pants in 0-3 month size, but can't stretch his long body into all of the sleepers and one piece outfits.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Brennan, don't you know that your mommy NEEDS ice cream!? It's an essential food group :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the ice cream (and not dairy altogether!) is the answer....I think...it's nice to have an answer, but not nice to give up ice cream!?! Is it always chocolate? Or with peanut butter? Maybe one of them is the culprit? Hope his little bum is better REAL soon! Can't wait to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete