Tuesday, April 15, 2014

29 Week Appointment

Brennan joined me on my 29 week OB appointment.  His eyes lit up when he heard Buckeye's heartbeat and he did a great job at the appointment!

Everything with Mommy and baby looks good!  My blood pressure is "great" and my OB (who is also pregnant) is "envious" of my weight gain, which was encouraging and surprising to hear!  My next appointment is in 2 weeks.  The doctor asked that I complete "kick counts" twice a day.  I should feel Buckeye move at least 6 times within an hour.  If I don't, I should go to the hospital to be placed on monitors.


Since my last appointment, I also completed my 1 hour blood glucose test.  To my surprise, and dismay, I failed it!  I scored a 150 and the cut off for passing is 130.  I completed the 3 hour test the following weekend.  It wasn't as bad as I anticipated, despite it actually lasting closer to 5 hours and feeling out of sorts during the last half hour.  I learned the day before my 29 week appointment that I passed this test!  The nurse briefly reviewed my results and explained that I was well within the normal limits for each blood draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment