Friday, June 24, 2011

First This, Then That

Brennan has always benefited from routines and is able to anticipate what comes next. We've noticed that he's also verbalizing and initiating his routines. Just two examples from today:

~While in the kitchen, I asked Brennan if he wanted to go to the mailbox. He immediately stopped what he was doing, ran to me, exclaiming "Up! Up!" Before I had a chance to pick him up, he ran to the garage door, stating "Door! Door!" Seeing the mat of shoes by the door, he began saying "Shoes! Shoes!". Brennan grabbed Mommy's shoes, brought them to me, and put them on the floor. Thanks, kiddo!

~I asked Brennan if he wanted to go to Mommy and Daddy's room while I put away our laundry. Instead, he went into his bedroom and approached his changing table, pointed to the changing pad, calling out "Boop! Boop!" Thinking he had soiled his diaper, I followed him into his room and asked he if needed a new diaper. Next, Brennan exclaimed, "Book!", picked out a book from his bookshelf, and returned to his changing table. While he hadn't "booped", he was due for a fresh diaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment